Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The best FIL & MIL

When I first started this blog, I thought it would be about the remodel of our house with a few pics of Bear thrown in for the grandparents, but little did I know how the demands of everyday life would catch up with me and how fast time would fly. Although I just have not had the heart to post any progress pics, or lack of progress, we have managed to get some work done: the old Smokey house smell is gone (thanks Mom!) can lights are up, speakers are in the wall (crazy husband while he had the flu!), etc. But this weekend we made some serious picture worthy progress. Ken aka my FIL and Sue aka my MIL (that’s FatherInLaw and MotherInLaw for those of you who do not speak my language) came and rolled up their sleeves! They spent the entire weekend here painting, cleaning and feeding us (they even slept on the floor!). Ken is seriously the Monet of house painting and Sue manages to clean, watch Bear and carry on a delightful conversation all at the same time. We appreciated it so much!! Here are a few highlight.



The FIL hard at work


My MIL in action


That's me, hurting myself...yikes!


While we were hard at work, Bear watched the Cougar game


Eye protection is so hot!!


You should see him paint a line - amazing!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get the invite over to the new place....although I know if won't be until the house is done...Jeff is such a good handy hubby to have! Will he be mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what you can do to a home. You two are amazing! I'm with Jess.....Will Jeff be my hubby for a day/week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a whole second story on our house in Sydney. Please let your FIL and MIL know that we offer a double bed over looking a garden pool if they want to come for a holiday, plus we have two kids to entertain while working around the house! -kel

    ReplyDelete