Sunday, February 28, 2010

Agreeing to Disagree

In the Christianson house there are a few (just a "few") things Jeff and I have agreed to disagree on. For example, we disagree on the number of pets we should own. [Note this disagreement includes the type of pets and the location of where those pets should sleep and eat - oh, and if said pets are allowed to wear what, if any, accessories.] When Jeff would talk about getting another dog, I would counter with talk about buying a fish, or a cat, and/or a bird. We have this unspoken/screamed agreement that basically means if one us acts first then that would be free reign for the other to buy their pet/pets of choice. Needless to say there have been no new pets in our family since the original disagreement. We have been at a stalemate.


For the past 4 years, Jeff and I have been in the same situation regarding appliances. I think we need a microwave. Jeff does not. Jeff thinks we need a 2nd freezer. I do not. Now, I do not need to go into detail about what happened to the original microwave in the first place - if you are reading this blog then you already know me and my "savvy" culinary skills. So...no microwave for 4 years, most of which I spent lusting over a microwave like a 1960's house wife, no popcorn (or least the good kind) no reheated left overs, no cups of tea/hot coco in a instant, no defrosting - it has been rough.

So what is big deal about having more freezer space? Good question and the rookie wife may be willing to trade the convenience of a microwave for more freezer space, but oh, oh, oh what the rookie wife has not factored in is that my husband is a year round hunting, costco shopping, deal seeking, large game eating husband. Living with a freezer full of stuff he would inevetiably force me to actually eat - uggh it just was not worth it.

When we started our kitchen remodel I began campaigning for a new microwave in earnest and it wasn't easy, I had to use all of my wifely powers and quote some stats on kitchen remodels courtesy of Consumer Reports. It worked and she's a beauty!

I have spent the last week basking in my hot cocoa's, making green tea in minutes and snacking on popcorn - when suddenly a thought hit me....without enough room for a another freezer...does Jeff think this gives him the green light for a new pet?!!??!!

Isn't she a beauty???



Bear has been enjoying his WARM cereal

3 comments:

  1. I still cant believe you lived without a microwave for that LONG! Good work getting one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm dying...can just picture you saying all of this! I love how "traditional" Jeff can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jeff gets his way and gets a big freezer we might need to get him out for a few deer hunts in the fall. I can't believe you went so long without a microwave, and you should definitely be able to get a fish. Obviously Tiff, you're not using your...er...womanly assets in an effective manner.

    p.s. I opened an account just so i can post comments on your blog ;) ha

    ReplyDelete