Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Camping...

The bedrooms are officially under construction so the 4 of us (Gus is loving it!) are camping out in the living room and dining room. The first night was so fun (a fort in our living room!) every 5 year olds dream...then I woke up the next morning - not so fun when you have to go to work and you are in your late 20s. (yes, late 20s!)

The original bedroom walls were lath and plaster with no insulation and layers of paint and wall paper, wall paper, wall paper, paint and more wall paper. So, we stripped the rooms, Jeff did some updated and fancy electrical work, we insulated the outside walls and then had both rooms dry walled. It was so fun to have someone eles to the dry wall! 15 drywallers showed up early Saturday morning and by 3:00 the mud was drying; on Sunday morning we started priming. Now the hardest part - picking paint colors**.

Jeff working on the lights

Bear loves to watch Jeff work


After we blew the inuslation beefore the dry wall 

The new dry wall

**I am 84% of the way through a breakdown on a kitchen paint catastrophe (honestly it has inspired me to make an eye doctor appt - I must be color blind). So while I am still shielding my eyes from the offending paint color and deciding if/how long I can live with it, we are finishing up a few misc fixes (just small stuff). Once half of my bedroom is moved out of the kitchen I promise to post pictures.

2 comments:

  1. ...yes Jeff is still in his late 20's-albeit for the next 11 days-but you? Pretty sure you're in your 30's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cutie, Abe looks adorable! Can't wait to see the house in Sept when we are visiting! I assume you are building a guest wing for all four of us! -kb

    ReplyDelete