Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saturday Morning Paper Work

The hippy (I don't use that word with an ounce of offensive undertones) doulas who taught all of our parenting classes provided a lot of detail, they recited countless facts, provided way too much information, they showed us videos that literally made me cry real and true tears, but did they mention it? No. All of those pregnancy books? They don't cover it. I think the other new parents are too tired to remember to tell you.You see, babies: THEY DON'T SLEEP IN ON THE WEEKENDS. Abe in no way appreciates a Saturday or Sunday morning. He has no concept of the fact that after a super busy week filled with rashes and ear infections and teething this would my, ours, his, one and only chance to catch just a few more minutes of oh so sweet sleep.

A few weekends ago, Jeff took the early shift, when I stumbled out of bed searching for coffee this was the scene in my dining room: just some Saturday morning paper work.



4 comments:

  1. I totally feel you. This past Friday Amelia had a sleep over at the grandparents. I woke up at 9:30 the next morning and shook Wade, "Its 9:30, can you believe it. We slept in!!" Utter excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious! Love this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean. We have to wake G up on weekday's but weekends he's up by 6am...maybe that's when we should go for our walk! :)

    ReplyDelete