Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The BIG One

Little known fact about me: I am a firm believer that "the big one" is coming. In fact, I am a little crazy about it, I subscribe to a ENS (Earthquake Notification System) all of our bookshelves are bolted, and I am stocked up on emergency mountain climbing meals, water and first aid kits.

Basically, Jeff didn't stand a chance when we discovered our house was eligible for a standard seismic upgrade. So by the magic of an amazing husband, some long waits at the DPD, some strategic demolition, a LOT of dust and some extremely loud drilling, we passed our seismic upgrade inspection today!

Here is a peak at one of the anchor plates in our crawl space - isn't she a beauty?

Abe did some work/damage at his Grandma's on Thanksgiving! (Thanks Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment